A regular meeting of the Django Software Foundation Board of Directors was held on August 10, 2017. Frank Wiles led the meeting.
- Frank Wiles
- Rebecca Conely
- Ken W. Alger
- Kenneth Love
- Daniele Procida
- James Bennett
- Paid Andrew used up Moss Grant
- Rebecca reports that there is +/- $175,000 in the bank
- Catherine did a great job with reconciliation - keep her on to help with DjangoGirls disbursements?
- JetBrains - will figure out verbiage for membership announcement and for going forward with future agreements. - Frank will work on a post to membership on this.
- Fundraising event should be similar format to last year.
- Funds will not be earmarked.
- Talked with Dimitri and will announce details at DjangoCon US 2017.
- CofC Updates -IRC continuing saga
- Django LTS (Frank reporting) - nothing to report at this time
- DjangoCon India (Daniele)
- Threadless Django Shop - meeting at DjangoCon US 2017
- DjangCon Korea - nothing new to report at this time
- Tim Graham's "Django Apprentice" Suggestion
- Core apprentice
- Scholarship (50% for core, 50% for 3rd Party). Also potentially to contribute to Django Project website infrastructure - grant request/tracking forms for example. See “Is online funding request process ideal” below.
- Corporate Memberships
- Sponsorship Requests
- PyNam ($1000) Daniele to speak with Loek and Jessica. Resolved
- Rize (Turkey)
- Freetown Sierra Leone
- Lucknow, India
- Koforidua, Ghana
- ACrowdfuning - request for a summary of funds spent
- Open Source Academy, The Gambia - request for website.
- AMA or similar at DjangoCon to talk about running in board election? Rebecca will follow up for DjangoCon.
- Rebecca not going to PyCon NG this year, but hopefully in future some DSF member will go. Daniele will put out an email about a $1000 grant for attendance.
- Nomination of Leonardo Jimenez - Passed.
- Is online funding request process ideal?
- Can’t send attachments with initial inquiry
- Are we mostly getting DjangoGirls because only they know it exists?
- Do we want to be more explicit about timeline on the website (i.e. the board meets monthly and votes on requests)
14 September 2017, 1:00 EDTBack to Top