Support the Django Software Foundation
Development of Django is supported by an independent foundation established as a 501(c)(3) non-profit. Like most open-source foundations, the goal of the Django Foundation is to promote, support, and advance the Django web framework.
How do I donate?
We accept donations via Stripe:
How will my donation be used?
The main focus of the Django Software Foundation is direct support of Django's developers. This means:
- Organizing and funding development sprints so that Django's developers can meet face-to-face: we're far more productive that way.
- Helping key developers attend these sprints and other community events by covering travel expenses to official Django meetups and sprints.
- Providing financial assistance to community development and outreach projects such as DjangoGirls.
- Providing financial assistance to individuals so they can attend major conferences and events.
- Funding the Django Fellowship program, which provides full-time staff to perform community management tasks in the Django community.
Do you accept donations from companies/corporations?
Yes. We also have a corporate sponsorship program. Get in touch if you'd like to know more.
Can I choose a specific feature or project to support?
No: we don't allow donors to directly sponsor specific features.
However, we may be able to connect you to a Django developer who you can hire to work on a specific feature. Please get in touch if this sounds like something you'd like to pursue.
Is my donation tax deductible?
The Django Software Foundation is a Kansas non-profit corporation; we have tax-exempt status under IRC 501(c)(3). This means that donations are tax-deductible for US citizens; donors outside of the United States should consult a tax advisor.
How can I donate if Stripe won't process my payment?
In that case please get in touch with us, we'll figure something out that works for you.
Do you accept donations by Bitcoin?
Yes, choose the "Bitcoin" option on the Stripe payment page.Back to Top