A regular meeting of the Django Software Foundation Board of Directors was held on September 14, 2017. Frank Wiles led the meeting.
- Frank Wiles
- Rebecca Conely
- Ken W. Alger
- Kenneth Love
- Daniele Procida
- James Bennett
- Rebecca reports that there is +/- $172,000 in the bank
- Catherine - How to structure her help moving forward.
- Taxes due Nov. 15
- JetBrains - $41K before we extended for two weeks. It will likely get to the $50K goal.
- 30% discount for new subscribers
- Django LTS (Frank reporting) - waiting to hear back, emailed on 14 Sept 2017
- DjangoCon Europe 2018: Daniele spoke to Tobias Kunze last week. Tobias reports:
- baics in place (venue, etc.)
- plenty of volunteers ready to be involved, though Tobias & Raphael remain the core committee and are enjoying it and don’t feel it’s too much work
- Sasha Romijn is helping with their financial grants programme
- DjangoCon India (Daniele)
- PyCon NG grant offer (US$1000) was not taken up - how should we proceed with this? - Will roll this forward to the next African event.
- Corporate Memberships
- 3Blades - Invoiced
- Sponsorship Requests
- PyNam ($1000) Daniele to speak with Loek and Jessica. Resolved
- Accra Continuation
- Crowdfunding match
- Lucknow, India
- Portland, Oregon - sending $500
- Open Source Academy, The Gambia - request for website.
- North Bay Python - $2000.00
- Tim Graham's email of 9/5/2017, re: Django Fellow
- DjangoCon 2017 Recap
- AMA about Board Elections
- Threadless Django shop - nothing to report at this time
- Election Planning
- Blog post timing and content. Other channels for publicizing?
- Run for specific offices? Have to be members?
- wyoung (IRC ban, Code of Conduct - see email discussion “[Contact form] Unban”, August 2017 - Daniele will respond
- Malcolm Tredinnick prize - ready to announce? November announcement
- DSF membership - is it conceivable that Eric Holscher is not a member? - Rebecca will work on making a membership nomination form.
- Core Team dissolution? Need to make a proposal of how it will look to dissolve core, discuss it, and present it to the Membership for a vote.
12 October 2017, 1:00 EDTBack to Top