About corporate membership
The Django Software Foundation has a corporate membership program designed to give a voice to organizations interested in supporting and sponsoring Django’s continued development.
Corporate members contribute unrestricted funds that are used to fund DSF priorities, which include, but are not limited to: the Django Fellowship program, sponsoring Django Girls workshops, and contributing to Django conferences.
There are three levels of corporate membership: Platinum, Gold, and Silver. Memberships are renewed annually.
Current members have decided to join the DSF for a variety of reasons, including:
- A desire to give back to the Django community.
- Wanting to provide financial support so that Django's developers can effectively focus their development efforts.
- A desire to help the DSF form a clear intellectual property story behind Django.
- Wanting to participate in membership discussions, Foundation member meetings, etc.
- A desire to help the DSF by serving on committees or the board.
- Tax-deductibility: the Django Software Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization. Membership dues are tax-deductible for US organizations; members outside of the United States should consult a tax advisor.
However, it's important to recognize that corporate members do not receive:
- Technical support, consulting, or other services: the DSF is not a service provider or development house.
- Preferential input into Django’s development process: the DSF supports the development of Django, but has no formal power to influence direction or priorities.
How do I become a member?
Fill out our onboarding form and our Director of Advancement will follow up and send you an invoice.
Membership dues are paid annually. The Django Software Foundation has three levels of corporate membership: Platinum, Gold, and Silver.
- Platinum: Large corporations and foundations are invited to join at the Platinum level with a donation of $100,000.
- Gold: Medium-sized businesses, established ISVs, and other mid-range companies are directed towards our Gold level, which starts at $25,000.
- Silver: Independent consultancies, sole proprietorships, and other small businesses are invited to join at the Silver level, which starts at $2,000.
Organizations that are unable to join at the above levels are invited to consider making a one-time or recurring gift totaling $1,000 or more on our fundraising page. With this gift, you will be recognized as a Leadership-level donor on our fundraising page.
Corporate members receive:
- An email address on the dsf-members mailing list.
- A single vote in votes put to membership.
- An organization description on the Corporate Members page.
- Your logo and link on the fundraising page.
- A Django Supporter badge denoting your level of membership, for use on your website & elsewhere.
- A Quarterly Impact Report from the Board, featuring highlights from our Fellow's work and our other philanthropic activities.
- Announcement and thanks for your membership on our verified Twitter account (@djangoproject) (40K+ followers)
If you have questions not answered above, please contact us.Back to Top