Django 1.2.1 -- update 2
As mentioned previously, we decided to hold off the release of Django 1.2.1 a bit to investigate a bug reported shortly after 1.2; I'm happy to announce that the relevant ticket has now been closed out, along with a couple of other tickets reported against 1.2. To be on the safe side, though, we're going to give Django 1.2 the rest of the weekend to shake out a bit, and release Django 1.2.1 on Monday, May 24.
Assuming no other critical issues come up over the weekend, Django 1.2.1 will differ from 1.2 in having an updated documentation builder, and the fixes for the following issues:
- #13577 -- updated Polish localization
- #13569 -- applying the correct username restrictions during superuser creation
- #13560 -- fix localization with
SplitDateTimeFieldand other multi-value fields/widgets
- #13573 -- ensuring the cached template loader uses the correct full template path
- #13566 and #13563 -- fixing a few typos in the documentation.
Posted by James Bennett on May 21, 2010