DjangoCon Europe 2018 Call for volunteers
2018's DjangoCon Europe will be held in beautiful Heidelberg, from the 23rd to the 27th May.
There is a lot to do, but it's very much worth it – DjangoCon Europe is an extremely friendly, open, inclusive, and informative (for beginners and advanced users alike) conference.
We're looking for support in the following areas, but if you have other interests and want to help out, please contact us:
- Sponsors – Contacts, logistics, room/booth assignment
- Communications – Press, community relations, announcements, social media, attendee tools, volunteer coordination
- Support – Helpdesk, attendee support contact, visa help, travel management, chat support for attendees, on-site volunteer organization, speaker support
- Financial Aid – Setup, grant selection, aid organisation
- Marketing/Design – Brochures, advertisements, banners, flyers, travel guide, t-shirts, lanyards, badges, panels, logo
- Program – Talk selection, scheduling, session chairs, sprint/openspace/keynote/lightning talks/poster session organization
- Code of Conduct – Drafting documents, handling of requests and issues
- Diversity advocate – Accessibility considerations, outreach On-site
- Team – Catering contacts, child care, social events planning, on-site logistics
Of course, we're happy about everyone joining us who has prior experience in one of these areas, but if you don't, that's fine as well! We'll work something out and you'll be experienced in that area afterwards.
Your location is not important, either (we can do all things that need to be done in Heidelberg itself) – the only important thing is that you have the energy and free time to help organize a wonderful DjangoCon Europe. You do not need to speak German - all team and attendee communication is in English and we have German-speaking people on board for venue contacts and the like.
Don't be shy - drop us a line at email@example.com, because we're looking forward to hearing from you!
Tobias Kunze and Raphael MichelBack to Top