Django 5.x Steering Council Candidate Registration
With the completion of the Django 4.x major release cycle and in accordance with DEP-0010 and DEP-0012, it is now time to collect candidates for the Django Steering Council.
Steering council candidates must demonstrate:
- A history of substantive contributions to Django or the Django ecosystem. This history must begin at least 18 months prior to the individual's candidacy for the Steering Council, and include substantive contributions in at least two of these bullet points:
- Code contributions on Django projects or major third-party packages in the Django ecosystem
- Reviewing pull requests and/or triaging Django project tickets
- Documentation, tutorials or blog posts
- Discussions about Django on the django-developers mailing list or the Django Forum
- Running Django-related events or user groups
- A history of engagement with the direction and future of Django. This does not need to be recent, but candidates who have not engaged in the past three years must still demonstrate an understanding of Django's changes and direction within those three years.
To register your candidacy, we require you to enter your name, email, and a bio/evidence of qualifications. The candidacy form has optional fields for your GitHub, Twitter, and website which can be useful for evaluating your qualifications.
Your email address will only be used by the DSF to contact you related to the election and process and will not be shared publicly.
Registration for Candidates will end on April 30th, 2023 AoE.
Please register using this form.
If you have questions about the election please contact email@example.com.
Please note: A previous version of this post used the term "Technical Board" with the candidacy requirements in DEP-0010. It has since been updated to reflect the requirements in DEP-0012, which updates DEP-0010. Additional time has been added to the candidacy nomination window to compensate.Back to Top